It is estimated that more than 50% of homes are sold before the buyers even get out of their cars so here are some tips to put your homes "best foot forward"
Stand across the street from your house & review the curb appeal.
- Mow & water lawns Seed bare spots in lawn
- Sweep walkways
- Remove toys & pick up any litter
- Prune shrubs, weed flower beds, & rake leaves
- Repair any broken fences, planters, trellises, or walls
- Plant shrubs or install fencing to block unpleasant views
- Paint or varnish doors; polish door hardware
- Paint or replace street numbers on house
- Clean/wash siding, windows & screens, AC unit, & pool
- Repair or paint siding, trim, gutters, shutters, glazing, & window frames
- Clean oil stains from driveway & garage
- Make sure all lighting is working
- Repair leaky faucets; deodorize septic tank
- Straighten woodpile; clean around trash cans